- design systems to keep inventory steady - as you get a feel for our lab, you’ll develop a system for surfacing needs, keeping things in stock, and navigating the rocky supply chains
- take ownership over equipment - placing orders, setting up tools when they come in, and leaning on vendors to get faulty pieces serviced
- look for ways to make lab run smoother - you’ll have a birds eye view of how the lab functions; you’ll be on the lookout for inefficiency or friction points that you can design processes to solve
You may be the right person if you:
- have 2 years of experience within a biology laboratory setting
- are familiar with safety protocols for BSL2 laboratories
- have experience purchasing equipment and consumables
- identify with some of these traits — when we were thinking of who we’d like in this role, these were some descriptors that came to mind:
- self-directed, proactive, able to track both small details & zoom out to anticipate needs, can design empathetic processes, good taste on where to build process vs. where to keep things ad hoc, able to keep many balls in the air.
- of the traits mentioned, self-directed jumps out as the most important
- A competitive salary and company equity
- Free premium health insurance, plus a free $4k yearly in a HRA account for any out-of-pocket costs
- 401k with matching, free life & disability insurance, transport benefits, etc
- An opportunity to help build a company on the ground floor and make genuine positive impact on solving some of the world’s biggest problems.