Associate Director (Life Science Investments)
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, United States (This job is on-site)
What you’ll do?
- Understand and develop strategy across the portfolio; exhibit thought leadership including the development of white papers.
- Develop solid knowledge of, and close relationships with, key opinion leaders and company executives in the life science tools and services sub-sectors.
- Validate the business opportunity and establish a technical investment case.
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity and portfolio management; from origination to exit with the goal of investing capital into high-quality opportunities.
- Using the firm’s vast resources, complete robust research and due diligence.
- Harvest investments: play a lead role in identifying when, and executing on, exit strategies that optimize fund results.
- Participate in some of the 30+ existing portfolio companies as board member and advisor.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in life sciences tools, diagnostics and/or services sub sectors.
- Organizational experience in strategy development and execution.
- You have likely worked for a strategy consulting firm, a venture capital, private equity or other investment firm, or a business development or strategy role in a life sciences tools company.
- Demonstrated interest in joining a small, hard-working team of investment professionals and having immediate impact on the firm.
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities.
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Board level presence and credibility.