Scientist/Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States (This job is on-site)
- Build computational analysis pipelines to derive insights from next-generation sequencing data and guide experimental design.
- Work directly with wet-lab scientists and RNA biologists to develop and optimize new technologies for high-throughput characterization of RNA structure.
- Identify promising RNA targets by curating and analyzing a variety of genomic datasets.
- Lead projects spanning the Bioscience and Machine Learning teams and identify new avenues of collaboration.
- Recruit, train, and oversee research associates.
- Clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Genomics, or related field. (Excellent candidates without a Ph.D. are also welcome to apply.)
- Strong expertise in processing and analysis of genomic and next-generation sequencing datasets.
- Fluent in Python data analysis tools (numpy, pandas, Jupyter notebook, biopython).
- Experienced with Linux environments, version control (git).
- Experienced working with large datasets in parallel computing environments.
- Familiar with concepts in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Track record of scientific achievement, as evidenced by publication of impactful papers.
- Organized and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- 3+ years of relevant industry or post-doctoral research experience.
- Previously worked on RNA structure, regulation, or chemical mapping.
- Familiar with concepts in machine learning.