The company is seeking highly motivated individuals to work with our team to expand our model creation services. A suitable candidate should be an effective communicator, planning, prioritizing, and executing projects to meet commitments with a detail orientated mindset.
- The job position will primarily work with the Director of Scientific Operations on cancer modeling in primary organoids from various mouse tissues. They will engage in cell culture and CRISPR/Cas9 editing of specific gene targets, as well as genotyping. They will also assist with organization, timelines, and compiling data reports.
- In addition, the role will require working on specific projects or aspects imperative to our operational pipeline such as design and testing of novel reagents, optimization of processes and procedures, DNA sequence analysis.
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 editing, cell culture and tissue culture are required. Genotyping and experience handling stem cells is a plus.
- Candidate will also have basic lab duties to prepare laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies.
Successful candidates will be part of an innovative and creative team with the opportunity to apply their creativity to the company's core vision.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Biology or related field
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant research lab or industry experience
- Routinely performed molecular biology techniques such as genomic DNA extraction, PCR, plasmid mini-prep, and DNA sequence analysis.
- Has minimum 2-years experience with cell culture of mammalian cell lines. Experience handling ES cells, other stem cells, or organoids including analyzing and quantitating data from experiments is highly desired.
- Can perform manipulation of cells in culture including genomic modifications by transfection.
- Has clear understanding of scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct systematic and objective inquiry. Familiarity with methods for data collection and analysis, as well as interpretation and results reporting are required.
- Possesses ability to operate instruments and equipment and proficiency in related software and databases including FlowJo, VectorNTI, SnapGene, Genomic Databases, and bioinformatics tools. Programming or automation experience is a plus.
- Has a working knowledge of DNA repair pathways, RNA interference as well as gene editing techniques including homologous recombination and CRISPR/Cas9, and their applications to study gene function.
- Must properly follow protocols, procedures, and instruction, attention to detail, work in a fast pace environment to meet deadlines, be eager to learn, and be able to work in a team and independently.
- Has good record keeping skills and can effectively summarize and clearly report on a wide range of service line related tasks
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Can interact with all individuals in productive ways to enhance the company's goals and core vision.
- Shows respect and maintains a professional attitude to all lab members and outside collaborators.