(Senior) Computational Biologist
New York City, New York, United States
This company engineers synthetic regulatory elements that solve expression issues for therapeutic nucleic acids (gene therapy, gene editing, mRNA). This technology is critical for genetic medicine to address vastly more conditions. To do that, we work at the interface of genomics, machine learning, and synthetic biology. If you share our enthusiasm with working on a fascinating problem at the intersection of synthetic biology and machine learning, that will significantly impact millions of patients, come join us!
As Computational Biologist, you are the connective tissue between the wet and dry lab. You will design DNA libraries, analyze sequencing data, and build predictive models of genetic regulation.
- Design DNA libraries for massively parallel reporter assays.
- Develop computational models of gene regulation.
- Analyze NGS data and AI models generated in our wet lab.
- Bring in-house a variety of relevant datasets (ENCODE, single-cell atlases, etc).
- Work hand in hand with scientists at the bench, to ensure a close coupling between experimental and computational approaches.
- PhD or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology or related field.
- Senior: 5+ years leading research teams, as a postdoc or in industry.
- Expertise in mammalian gene regulation.
- Experience with NGS and genomics datasets, including
- working with public datasets (e.g., ENCODE, single-cell atlases, GTEx, etc),
- knowledge of state-of-the-art computational biology methods and packages.
- Experience working successfully in collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.
- Desire to work in a rapidly growing company, and a fast-changing environment.
- Familiarity with data analysis environments such as Python or R, and/or experience collaborating with computational scientists.
- Experience with MPRAs, and/or single cell RNA-seq.
- Experience building deep learning models.