Environmental Scientist, Sampling Plans
San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking an Environmental Scientist to join the team!
- Create sampling plans optimized for accuracy, time, and cost for the collection of indoor microbiological samples.
- Analyze sample data and provide interpretations.
- Contribute methods and data insights for publication and/or technical reports.
- Conduct desktop research on microbiome of the built environment, indoor environmental quality, and sampling techniques; incorporate state-of-the-art learnings into methods.
- Interact directly with clients on matters related to microbiology and environmental science.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in environmental science/engineering, biology/ecology, planning, or natural science discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in environmental consulting or related industry.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and significant knowledge of experimental design. a specialized area of research.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing new ideas and ability to publish in appropriate academic and practitioner outlets.
- Experience in laboratory techniques, auditing or inspection services.
- Demonstrated research skills, preferably in the form of peer reviewed publications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, relational databases, and statistical software such as JMP/R/SAS.