Principal Scientist/Associate Director - Machine Learning / A.I.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
We are seeking a Principal Scientist/Associate Director in Machine Leaning/A.I.
- Provide both scientific and strategic leadership within the data science organization
- Build and directly manage a team of scientists focused on applying advanced machine learning tools.
- Lead projects that generate novel machine learning models and algorithms leveraging our internal datasets to advance and accelerate therapeutic programs
- Develop robust code in a collaborative code-base to facilitate the development, training, and deployment of models.
- Effectively translate the results of technical or statistical analyses into actionable predictions and recommendations
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with the platform biology, target biology, and medicinal chemistry teams to addressing business and scientific needs through-out the company
- Effectively communicate scientific proposals, analysis outcomes, and project goals and progress across the organization.
- Ph.D. in Computational Science, Cheminformatics, Computational Biology, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience required
- Direct management experience and project leadership experience is preferred
- Extensive expertise in common programing and scripting languages (python, R, C++, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing, debugging, evaluating, and applying machine learning algorithms to solve scientific problems with a focus on large chemical and biological datasets
- Experience writing, testing, and maintaining version-controlled software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate the big picture concepts
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work and brings a can-do attitude without losing objectivity
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change