SCISMIC provides career development resources and services for the STEM community. We are an early stage startup led by scientists, community engagers/collaborators, and tech experts. We are driven to push solutions to the world’s problems by building technology platforms to help the right scientists/engineers reach the companies that need them. We value diversity and strive to create inclusive practices, both for our clients and at Scismic itself.
We have a full-time position for a results driven individual who is focused, organized, a great communicator, and able to drive sales of Scismic’s unique platform. We are seeking someone who is curious, proactive, and empathetic - a new team member who will engage our scientific clientele and drive revenue. If you have a passion for selling and creating inspiring, revenue-positive customer experiences, come join our team!
As the Sales Executive, you will drive revenue for Scismic by identifying, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities from a variety of sources. The target clientele will be corporate biotech and pharmaceutical companies who could benefit from Scismic’s unique talent matching technology platform.
- Be the first point of contact for new Scismic customers, representing our company with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings.
- Think creatively on how to acquire new customers through lead generation from a variety of sources.
- Meet established sales goals and act with sense of urgency in responding to customer needs
- Maintain accurate client data via diligent CRM management
- Engage clients via face-to-face, phone, in-person/virtual events, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Motivated, results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical mindset
- Strong relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- 1+ years experience in a sales environment, or knowledge of different bioscience research fields
- Proactive problem solving skills, with ability to identify customer pain points and troubleshoot
- General understanding of CRM platforms i.e. HubSpot
- Flexibility to travel to events or conferences to engage prospective clients, when the pandemic situation allows for more in-person events
Scismic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment practice based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.