Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States (This job is on-site)
- Assay development and optimization for biochemical assays (e.g. TR-FRET, Luminescence, AlphaELISA) to establish in vitro pre-cell activity and kinetics of small molecule drug candidates with recombinant protein
- Generate key data to drive SAR and portfolio decision making
- Coordination with other members on the biology and automation teams regarding assay development and execution
- Optimizing protein constructs which will be suitable for potential assays
- Development of mass spectrometry-based assays
- Coordination with CROs for outsourcing of assays
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-13 years industry experience, Master’s degree with 5-7 years industry experience, or a PhD with 0-3 years industry experience
- Expertise in biochemical recombinant in vitro assays to study ****the activity of small molecules (e.g. TR-FRET, Luminescence, AlphaELISA, kinetic analysis, mass spectrometry)
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Translating and troubleshooting assays in the literature to be functional in-house
- Experience with HTS platforms
- Proficiency with automated liquid handlers
- How to work with affinity-based screening platforms
- How to coordinate with and manage relationships with CROs
- How to effectively work as a key member of matrix teams and drive projects through matrix leadership
- Build foundational knowledge of what is done within the company as well as with current portfolio
- Learn assay methods, practices for data processing, and efforts towards automating lab work from our current team
- Provide suggestions or thoughts on current processes in order to improve our operations
- Establish plans for assays of upcoming assays
- Coordinate with the team for when compounds will be available and when assays will be run
- Make decisions on compounds to move forward for additional testing
- Own biochemical assay plans for the company’s target focused projects
- Establish timelines and coordinate assay development/optimization in alignment with a project timeline
- Aid in establishing constructs which will be valuable for in vitro work
- Provide guidance for the compute team towards generating standard data analysis workups
- Explore technology development ideas towards integrating biochemical assays in other aspects of the the company's platform
Benefits and perks:
- Healthcare/Dental/Vision insurance plans, with premiums 100% covered for employees and 50% covered for dependents.
- FSA and HSA programs.
- 401k program.
- Equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Annual professional development budget for all employees.