Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and expanding the software systems that manage instruments, data, and knowledge in our labs and beyond. Working directly with scientists, analysts and lab technicians, you will develop software to drive complex workflows, and provide smart user interfaces along the way.
- Design and implement software solutions for managing sample and workflow traceability across multiple systems and microservices..
- Integrate closely with the lab, scientists, Ops teams to deliver fast and high-quality solutions.
- Creating and refining data schemas for scientific software applications
- Configuration and use of CI/CD systems for managing regular releases of software systems
- Evaluating new tools, techniques and platforms for lab informatics
- Debugging and troubleshooting production issues as required
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Strong fluency in Python
- Hands-on experience with one or more popular application frameworks, such as Django, Flask
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building data pipelines, backend microservice development, and REST APIs
- Experience with modern software development practices, APIs, and “DevOps” technologies.
- A strong desire to explore and evaluate promising solutions to the problems at hand.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a diverse team environment.
- Strong customer focus and systems-focused approach to problem-solving.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework.
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Snowflake.
- Practical knowledge of major AWS services, including RDS and Lambda
- Experience with front-end UI frameworks, including ReactJS, Vuejs