SCISMIC provides career development resources and services for the STEM community. We are a very fast growing startup led by a team of solutions-driven experts with a collective mission of propelling innovation in STEM. Our aim is to help bring more life-changing products to the market. How? Well we build solutions to help the right scientists/engineers reach the companies that need them. We value diversity and strive to create inclusive practices, both for our clients and at Scismic itself.
We are seeking a senior software engineer looking to grow into a tech lead role OR a lead software engineer looking to join a startup where they can make meaningful contributions and have an impact on the growth of the tech team.
Title and compensation will be commensurate based on experience.
SENIOR/LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
You must be someone who is forward thinking and ambitious with good communication skills. You will be responsible for leading the engineering (tech & data analytics) team to achieve company goals. Most importantly, you must be user centric and care about building great user experiences.
- Be proactive about enhancing/simplifying the user experience while seeking out technology that will help automate user onboarding and client management
- Advise and provide technical perspective to the management team to aid in decision making and innovation
- Create technical goals for your team
- Work closely with the Product Manager to achieve product goals
- Solve engineering issues (like scalability, technical debt, security) and help your team through technical challenges
- Break down requirements into deliverables and assign tasks to engineers
- Implement engineering processes like scrum, code reviews, CI/CD etc
- Implement, improve, and increase observability of production systems - metrics, logs and traces
- Bake in test driven development (TDD) into the engineering processes.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of team management experience
- Has exposure to data science or data analytics
- Knowledge in cloud infrastructure like AWS or GCP
- Experience in implementing microservices
- Practice test driven development (TDD) and good testing practices
- Practice good web app security (OWASP)
- Degree in computer science, IT or similar
- Experience in Laravel
- Experience conducting team performance reviews