Scismic is supporting the growth of an an early-stage biotech company focused on creating and commercializing scalable solutions for storage and single cell genomic analysis of precious clinical samples based out of Waltham, MA!
They are seeking a candidate with excellent single cell computational and data analysis skills and a high aptitude for applications and technologies for single-cell genomics. This candidate will work on-site and participate in computational and secondary analysis assignments to uncover features from datasets that will inform on product improvements, technical troubleshooting, and detection of biological signals from customers, collaborators, and internal projects. The candidate will play a role in the development, optimization, validation, and support of products and protocols. Specific responsibilities will include: (1) bioinformatics processing and analysis of single-cell datasets; (2) participating in the development and support of analysis pipelines and customer-facing software; (3) analysis of experiments and projects that develop, test, and optimize molecular biology workflows; and (4) perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting support of customer applications and data.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
· Examine single cell datasets (secondary analysis) to detect signals associated with technology performance or collaborator projects
· Participate in feature improvements, bug-fixing, and deployment of their software and pipelines
· Communicate results to management and core team members
· Summarize studies and results in whitepapers and/or presentations
· Implement basic statistics principles and quantitative reasoning for data analysis and experimental design
· Expand and refine computational pipelines for streamlined performance
· Provide bioinformatics-related customer support and troubleshooting as part of a larger support team
· Support innovation and IP creation
· Adhere to quality system requirements and safety compliance
· PhD training in Biology, Immunology, Bioinformatics, or related discipline or equivalent work experience, or related field
· Demonstrated single-cell informatics software and pipeline experience
· Familiarity in UNIX/Linux environments
· Experience with single-cell analysis software (e.g. Seurat, Scanpy) and the ability to analyze data for quality and biological meaning
· Ability to quickly learn about new science and technology fields
· Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environment of an early-stage company
· Aptitude for creative problem-solving and excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent organization and task planning skills
· Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Welcome! The company you're applying to uses Scismic to screen candidates.
Create an account and upload your resume to start your application.
Why should you use Scismic?
Our matching algorithm shortlists the roles you qualify for to save time in your job search for FREE.
You're 5x more likely to be called back by the hiring company when you apply on Scismic.
Access free career resources and guidance from our team of scientists. Reach out at [email protected]
Your session has expired! Click OK to reload the page.
Are you sure you want to DEACTIVATE your account?