Scismic is supporting the growth of a biotech company developing the most efficient assays and models for target identification, validation, toxicology assessment, and disease pathogenesis in Brooklyn, NY!
About the Role:
About the Role:
They are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working, and independent chemist who is interested in the field of biosensing for next-generation diagnostics. The research position is focused on bimolecular synthesis, bioconjugation chemistry, probe-target interaction assays, and chemical methods for clearance/filtration of biological fluids.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement chemical and analytical methods for next-generation diagnostics
- Manage the chemical and analytical lab and support all research related to surface functionalization and probe-target interaction
- Designing and executing experiments, analyzing data, presenting results
- Maintain a strong awareness of literature relevant to expertise and assigned projects
- Mentor and train students and new team members
- Provide subject matter expertise during protocol development
- Provide regular updates to the leadership team about experimental plans and outcomes
Skills and qualifications:
- MSc/Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or similar fields with experience in organic and inorganic chemistry, bioconjugation, and probe-target interaction assays
- Creative, independent, motivated, problem- and solution-driven chemist
- Ability to develop functional chemistry platforms for next generation products from proof of concept to scale up
- Strong communication skills and willing to interact and collaborate closely with internal and external scientists, engineers, and technicians
- Experience in peptide and DNA/RNA oligo synthesis is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary ($90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year)
- Close collaboration with scientists in the New York City area
- Superb opportunity for a career in industry
The company does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law.