Molecular Virologist Technician (NYS Clinical Lab Licensed)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
We are currently looking for a New York State Clinical Laboratory Licensed, Molecular Virology Technician for our Clinical Lab. Our mission is to apply our knowledge and technologies to develop the most efficient assays and models for target identification, validation, toxicology assessment, and disease pathogenesis. We will pursue the development of advanced technological platforms to bring about health equity to our communities, building low-cost applications for preventative screening and disease marker identification. We will use our developed high-throughput processes and expertise in molecular biology, genetics and engineering to build advanced solutions to aid in our combat against human health issues.
- Primary focus is on performing established protocols, recording data, and maintaining sufficient supplies at your workstation.
- Candidates must follow strict protocols to maintain a safe working condition, be aware and focus on GMP, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Candidate must have very good pipetting skills
- Must have attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines, be eager to learn, and be able to work in a team and independently
- Must be able to operate lab instruments
- Must be familiar with MS Excel and computers.
- Successful candidates will be part of an innovative and creative team with the opportunity to apply their creativity to our core vision.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have a New York State Clinical Laboratory Technician license
- BS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology or related field
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant research lab or industry experience
- Experience with DNA manipulation, qPCR, and large-scale sample handling is a must.
Physical/ Mental Requirements:
- Dependent on milestones and availability of equipment, work on holidays and weekends might be necessary on occasion.
- $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year)