Associate Scientist, RNA Production
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
We are seeking a Scientist to join our team!
- Support our in vitro transcription platform to produce RNA at scale for downstream applications.
- Purify RNA constructs by size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) and perform quality control using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis (e.g., Fragment Analyzer), SEC, and related biochemical techniques.
- Characterize RNA structure using chemical probing (e.g., SHAPE), Illumina sequencing, and biophysical assays.
- Develop and deploy 5'- and 3'-end labeling methods to modify RNA constructs generated through the IVT platform.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional RNA biology, computational biology, biophysics, and chemistry team to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 4+ years industry experience or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years industry experience.
- Experience with biochemical techniques required (e.g., enzymatic reactions, chromatography, and gel electrophoresis).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with RNA and performing in vitro transcription reactions.
- Experience with size exclusion chromatography preferred.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing methods strongly preferred.
- Proactive and efficient to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.