Scientist I / Scientist II - Cardio
Orlando, Florida, United States
The company brings together biologists, surface chemists, and engineers to produce some of the worlds most advanced organs-on-chips. From gene expression to electrophysiology, our biologists recreate key components of various organs. Chemically patterned microchips are engineered to enable real-time monitoring of organ activity. Finally, our engineers utilize sophisticated measurement techniques to detect and quantify minute changes. The result of this collaboration is an ability to study therapeutics in a way which was previously only possible in clinical trials.
- You are a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench.
- You are conscientious and pay almost obsessive attention to detail, as organized documentation is second nature.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to take on hard problems.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You are resourceful and like to work independently but are not shy to ask for advice.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Design, optimize and oversee day to day experiments
- Present findings and data analysis in research meetings.
- Compile and interpret data and prepare presentations for management review
- Assign tasks to and mentor junior scientists (research associates and research assistants)
- Manage multiple projects (2-4) simultaneously ensuring each project meets required deliverables in appropriate deadline
- Develop statement of work (SOW) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for client contracts
- Attend and present data in client meetings
- Establish and oversee quality control in all aspects of your team projects
- Write and submit final reports and manuscripts under the guidance of Senior Scientist at the conclusion of a project
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Creativity and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones
- Masters with 3 years or PhD with 0 years of experience.
- Proficiency in common office software (typically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead and mentor research associates
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in preclinical models of cardiac diseases, cardiac and vascular function assessments required
- A strong record of innovation and research accomplishments in cardiovascular research required
- Cellular, molecular, and genetic mechanistic expertise in cardiac function required
- Experience with culturing induced pluripotent stem cells and cardiomyocytes, as well as evaluation of
- functional endpoints relevant to cardiomyocyte biology required
- Managing junior technicians and/or graduate or undergraduate researchers
- Standard molecular biology techniques (qPCR, ICC, Western Blot, ELISA)
- Experience with Monday.com, Instagantt, and Python
- Independent planning and execution of complex in vitro experiments
- Experience with primary cardiac cell isolation.
- Company Stock Ownership
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick Leave, and Company Holidays