Senior Bioprocess Engineer - Perfusion Systems
Milpitas, California, United States
We are seeking a Senior Bioprocess Engineer to join the team. You will use your expertise in the development of methodologies to introduce perfusion systems in bioreactor processes for both cell and tissue production. Additionally, your deep knowledge of bioprocess engineering will aid in efforts to expedite the development of a cost-effective nutrient feeding strategy and the strategic reduction to cost of goods in the manufacturing process.
- Establish and improve upstream process by evaluating and operating bench-top bioreactors, high throughput platforms, and complementary perfusion systems to achieve process efficiency and reduce the cost of goods.
- Establish methodologies towards the metabolic profiling of mammalian cells in culture, to provide insight into feed development and optimization.
- Conduct cell culture studies in shaker flasks/bioreactors designed to establish scalable process optimized for cell yields.
- Investigate cell nutrient demands and the impact on cell culture performance.
- Develop scalable media perfusion automation methods that control bioprocesses to increase yields, improve tissue quality, and reduce the costs of goods.
- Advanced degree in STEM related fields including biotechnology, chemical, biochemical, biomedical engineering, biophysics, biochemistry, biology, and bioprocess engineering
- Experience with benchtop and midscale stir tank reactors for mammalian cell culture
- Understanding of metabolic requirements and strategic feed development of mammalian cells
- Experience integrating perfusion systems such as Alternating Tangential Flow (ATF), Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) to achieve desirable results from a upstream bioprocess
- Experience with Design Of Experiments (DOE), data and statistical analysis and high throughput bench-top systems.
- $130,000 - $140,000