Sr. Research Associate / Associate Scientist - High-throughput Screening
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Sponsors work visa for candidates.
Scismic is supporting the growth of a well-funded, VC-backed biotech startup that is leveraging DNA and protein multiplexing technologies to engineer biological systems.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist to help expand our novel protein barcoding platform. You will take ownership over executing and improving a unique NGS-based protein screening pipeline. You will also collaborate with our drug development team to deploy protein barcoding for in vivo multiplexed screens. The role involves working closely with a collaborative team of scientists to design, execute, and analyze complex experiments in a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the invention of cutting-edge technologies and help shape the future of the company.
- Execute arrayed protein screening assays
- Prepare DNA libraries for NGS
- Coordinate with computational biologists to interpret data
- Debug and improve the barcode discovery pipeline
- BS/MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology or related fields
- 2-7 years Biotech/Pharma experience in molecular biology and drug development
- Proven hands-on experience executing high-throughput assays in multi-well formats
- Strong technical experience in key biochemistry/molecular biology techniques, including as many of the following as possible: cloning, protein purification, ELISA, Western analysis
- Ability to follow and improve advanced protocols and procedures
- Experience independently generating high-quality data and communicating results to your team
- Collaborative, curious, adaptable, and strong communication skills
- A deep passion for science and assay development
Why you might be a good fit
- Experience with display screening methodologies (yeast, mammalian, phage display)
- Experience with NGS technologies
We value different experiences and different ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.